Students will gain skills in a range of techniques and processes. They will produce project based work that covers two or more of the following areas of Art and Design:
- Fine Art (Drawing, Painting, Printmaking)
- Digital Art (Graphics, Filmmaking, Sound Art)
- Textile Design (Textiles, Batik, Stitch and Embroidery, Fashion Design)
- Three Dimensional Design (Installation Art, Plaster Casting, wire and Paper Sculpture)
- Photography (Digital and Physical Experimentation and Manipulation)
Students have the freedom to design and develop their own personal project ideas and to specialise in their chosen Art and Design discipline, developing skills and ideas based on their success in Year 1 of study. Students produce a piece of written work to support their project. A final exhibition will showcase students’ work in the summer.
Grade 5 in Art, Craft and Design
- Students are assessed against four objectives: Developing ideas, experimenting, recording and main pieces
- Students will be assessed through one to one tutorials throughout the duration of the course. An assessment file records feedback from staff
- Component 1 60% (Personal project)
- Component 2 40% (Externally Set Assignment)
Art, Craft and Design compliments any other creative or design based subject. Many Art students go onto taking the Art Foundation Course before choosing the appropriate Art and Design based course at university. Some of our students have gone onto study a wide variety of courses including Architecture, Fashion and Textile design, 3D Design or Fine Art.