Students in Sixth Form are challenged to meet their academic potential and fulfil their ambitions and aspirations. Your progress and well-being are important to us and we will do everything we can to ensure that you make your time here as enjoyable and productive as possible.
The Sixth Form benefit from their own Advanced Study Centre. There are quiet study spaces in the Library Rooms, the bookable Meeting Room for group work or The Hub for a more relaxed study space.As well as this Study Centre many departments offer Sixth Form only study areas. Our science laboratories, art rooms, music, multi-media suites and performance spaces have all been specifically designed to support your learning.
We do have a Dress Code for Post 16, this is to foster a sense of identity and community, it shows us a separate from the Main School but still part of a wider network. The Dress Code has been consulted upon with the student body and is reviewed regularly.
Year 12 and Year 13 Dress Code
We require students to come to school in dress appropriate to our school’s working environment.
Student ID passes (lanyards) must be worn at all times.
- Plain black, white or grey tops
- Plain black, white or grey jumper
- Plain black or grey trousers or black jeans
- Standard length skirt or dress (plain black/grey) Standard length is defined as no more than two inches (5cm) above the knee
- Plain black footwear
All Post 16 Students:
- Dress should be considered acceptable and appropriate for a professional working environment
- No outdoor wear to be worn inside school or in classrooms, including coats, hats and scarves